Background of the College of Hospitality and Tourism
The College of Hospitality and Tourism was established on 27 November 2006. The college originated when a Hospitality and Tourism course was developed for the Fishery Management and Aquatic Business Program of the Faculty of Science and Fishery Technology, a division of Rajamangala Institute of Technology Trang Campus. Originally, the faculty only provided bachelor degree programs in Aquaculture, Fishing Industry, and Marine Science. Then, in 1998, a Bachelor of Arts program in Tourism was opened, following the curriculum of the Liberal Arts Faculty of Rajamangala Institute of Technology Thanyaburi. The chronology of the program's further development is as follows:
- 1999-2003 – A Bachelor of Arts program in Tourism was opened, following the curriculum of the Liberal Arts Faculty of Rajamangala Institute of Technology Thanyaburi.
- 2004 – Experts in tourism from Rajamangala Institute of Technology conducted studies and developed a separate curriculum for a Bachelor of Arts program in Tourism.
The university was previously known as Rajamangala Institute of Technology. The Royal Thai Government officially changed the name of the university from “Rajamangala Institute of Technology” to “Rajamangala University of Technology” in 2005. At the same time, the nine campuses of Rajamangala Institute of Technology that were located in southern Thailand were renamed “Rajamangala University of Technology Srivijaya”. These university campuses were given responsibility for teaching undergraduate students in southern Thailand. The university's aim was to produce effective and successful graduate students.
- 2006 – Two new programs were opened, offering a Bachelor of Business Administration in General Management and a Bachelor of Arts in English for International Communication. The original Bachelor of Arts in Tourism program was combined with the two new programs to become the “College of Hospitality and Tourism”.The degrees offered at the undergraduate level and the year in which they were first offered are as follows.
- 2007 Programs in Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality and Bachelor of Accountancy were opened. A Bachelor of Arts Program in Hospitality and Tourism was established in 2008, following the curriculum of Rajamangala University of Technology Srivijaya.
- 2008-2011 The college consisted of four core programs:
Bachelor of Arts Program in Hospitality
Bachelor of Arts Program in Hospitality and Tourism
Bachelor of Arts Program in English for International Communication
Bachelor of Accountancy
- 2012-2015 The Bachelor of Arts Program Hospitality and Tourism was improved with a new curriculum.
- 2016 The Bachelor of Arts Program in Hospitality was closed.
Study Programs (Present)
The College of Hospitality and Tourism offers 3 undergraduate programs.
The college offers the following 2 Bachelor of Arts degree programs:
1. Hospitality and Tourism
2. English for International Communication
The college offers a Bachelor of Accountancy degree program in Accounting.